Home Remedies for Wrist and Hand Pain..
Think of all the things u do daily with your hands and wrists..
You made not even be aware of the many nerves, blood vessel,muscles and small bones that work together as you perform a task as simple as turning a key in the door-until the movement becomes painful..
Pain may be caused by sudden injuries such as sprains or fractures.
But long term medical problems also may cause wrist and hand pain,such as arthritis ,carpal tunnel syndrome and the wear and tear from overuse or repetitive movements..
The amount of pain may vary,depending on what’s causing it. For example, pain from osteoarthritis is often described as similar to a dull toothache,while tendinitis usually causes a sharp,stabbing pain. The location of pain also may provide clues as to what is causing signs and symptoms..
Ganglion cysts are fluid-filled lumps that usually appear along tendons and joints of your wrist and hands.
Ganglions are a times painful and,if bothersome,may require treatment. Seek medical care immediately if a lump becomes painful and inflamed or if a cyst breaks through the skin and begins to drain.
Home Remedies: Use over-the counter pain medications, if needed.
To prevent,wrist and hand problems:
1) Build bone strength with a diet that includes adequate amount of calcium and vitamin O to prevent fractures.
2) Use tools with large handles so you don’t have to grip them so hard.
3) Remove rings from your finger before doing manual labour. If you injure your hand,remove rings before your becomes swollen.
4) Take frequent breaks to rest muscles you are using frequently, and to vary activities so you are not always using the same muscles.
6) Do flexibility and strengthening exercises.
7) Try out special devices that can make you comfortable.
Minor sprains and strains usually respond to rest,ice and over-the-counter pain medications.
But if the pain and swollen last longer than a few days,see your doctor.
Seek medical care immediately if:
You suspect a fracture.
A fall or accident has caused rapid swollen and moving the area is painful.
The area is hot and inflamed and you have a fever..